Tuesday 5 January 2010

Fun welcome for a baby boy.

This card is for several challenges, the obvious themes are forever friends and baby card.

Forever friends has a theme for 'a cheerful /happy card but with a twist' the twist is it must have at least 2 layers, a ribbon and some sparkle.


For some reason even though I've adjusted the lighting the card colour looks purple when its really a bluebell colour and the ribbon is proper baby blue, these artificial lights are so colour distorting but I'm sure you get the idea. Sorry I digress as usual .


My card has ribbon and bows and I used gold mirri card to add some spakle and used it to add my layer. Hope they all think it a fun card?


The other obvious theme is that of a card for a baby which is the challenge set by cupcake craft challenge#72. Well I hope it looks like a baby card to welcome a new little boy into the world.

The corrosive challenge have a challenge to make a project using 2 of your favourite embellishments. I did wonder at this as I don't consciously have any favourites, so I decided on the embellishments I first started using and I guess that would have to be buttons, ribbons and or peel-off do they count as embellishments. I have lots of buttons ,but lots of them don't look like buttons as they are flowers, stars, snowmen, snowflakes, scissors, gifts etc and alot of my stash finish up in my sons scrapbooks as opposed to on my cards. Ribbons , I love bows and peeloff , well I don't like my writing and I can't always be bothered to print some thing on the computer along with the fact that the printer is linked to the computer my son uses for school work and games so I can't always get to print so they would be my favourite 2 or 3 as the case may be.

One stop craft challenge have an unusual theme, they want you to use something beginning with 'B'. I have used several things , Bear, Balloon, Buttons, Bows, legless Brads and at a push a bit of Bling in my sparkly mirri card., oh and its a Baby card for a Boy. Do you think thats enough 'Bs' to count? They also have a DT call and all you have to do is say your intrested when you enter if I remember correctly, (sorry if I got it wrong).

Finally the layout of my card is for the challenge at moving along with the times. They have a challenge to use one of their previous sketches, I had great fun popping back through their blog to refresh my memory of their sketches and choosing one, no simple task really as I narrowed my choice to 5 , maybe the others will get used in the near future.The sketch I finally chose was from their challenge #4 thought I best say so they can check.Thanks for some fab challenges folks and to all my visitors thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ha Ha! Julye, you are so funny! You have more than enough B's there to count for the challenge. (big smile) Such a gorgeous baby card and what beautiful heart shaped buttons you've used. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

clare said...

Lovely baby card hun...thanks for taking part in MAWTT first challenge of 2010..good luck and we hope you can join us again Clare DT x

Jackie Randolph said...

Adorable card, the image is soooooooo cute! Thanks for playing with us at Corrosive Challenge.

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. I love the image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lenas kort said...

Super cute baby card :-) Have a nice day :-)

Victoria said...

sweet card, I love that you've decorated the inside too

Fab to see you at Cupcake Crafts
Victoria
x

Nicki said...

This is a really sweet card and I love how you've decorated the inside. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at MAWTT.

Nicki :0)

Sue said...

such a lovley card,very cute image and the inside looks fabby too:)

thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

thread-bare said...

Such a great card & what a cute image. Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT xx Clare x

Liza said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x