Sunday 31 January 2010

I think I must be on a roll

I never thought I would complain about the sunshine or shut it out but it's playing havoc with taking piccies and whether its my cold  I've got or the sunshine thats giving me a headache I'm not sure but its not helping. Hubby is being really good today and cooking lunch.Don't know if I'll be ablbe to taste or smell it but I was looking forward to beef wellington, wonder if he'll do the washing up or still expect the fairies to do it?

Can't complain though as he has let me potter and keep disappearing to do some craft and finish cards I've been doing in dribs and drabs, oops sorry had to tell him where the english mustard is. he's also doing something called fondant potatoes and cauliflower, sounds good don't you think?



Well onto my card, I've got 2 so 2 posts to do. This is the first and its a baby card. I thought using the theme from Charisma which was white on white would be good for this one, you could use colour on the image only, well I strayed a little as I can't find my white ribbon, blame my cold, I 've lost a gold ring yesturday, can't find it anywhere. How can you loose a ring you have on upstairs , you get downstairs to make a cup of coffee and its gone. OOps digressing sorry, anyway sorry but I used blue ribbon till the white turns up, hope I can still enter.I tried paper pricking to give a little different texture to the card, there's bootees , feed bottles,hearts and flowers,not sure how well it shows up on the pictures. I used a forever friends stamp and coloured with promrkers and sakura glaze pens, then put it behind acetate in an apature. I quite like the simplicity, and the piecing is quite theraputic.

There's a baby theme at Simon says challenge this week too and stamp with fun, there must be something in the air, do you think it's because we are all yearning for the first inklings of spring. I think the seasons and mother nature is getting confused as I had lobelia and allisum flowering in pots outside my back door on christmas day all self setters and now of course they are nothing but mush. Anyway I will be entering my baby card into these challenges too.

Finally I will be entering my little bear into the challenge at die cut dreams as there theme is bears and my little forever friend will count him self in .

Enjoy your sunday luch or dinner whatever you have and enjoy the rest of your afternoon too.

14 comments:

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Simply gorgeous xx

Fabiola said...

super adorable comment fais tu ces super motifs?

Nicola said...

He´s such a cute bear and your paper pricking is a beautiful finishing touch.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Creams this week.
Nicola -x-

Mummylade said...

Really lovely. So glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

Allison said...

sooo pretty
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Very pretty card, simple and stunning! Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
Love n hugs
VIkki xx

Tasha said...

This is so wonderful! I love the paper piercing! and the image is so cute!
I do things like that all the time usually its earings, by the time ive got to the kitchen they have vanished lol!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a simply stunning card. Love the paper pricking - it must have taken you ages. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Fab card, I love all your paper piercing, looks like it took ages, it's so effective!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Karen said...

Very nice, love the paper piercing too, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Vee said...

Such an elegant card.I love the paper pricking really nice effect. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Timcso said...

Gorgeous card!Love the paper pricking, great idea!

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

Sally said...

Lovely card. I can believe all the paper piercing you have done. It must have taken you hours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Kelly said...

just fabulous! you really paid attention to the smallest details on this card!

thanks for playing the white challenge on charisma this week!