Wednesday 6 January 2010

Keeping warm with a hot la mumba

A la mumba is simply a hot chocolate with brandy, but its so warming, I first had one when I went up mount Teidi in tenerife with my then hubby to be and he bought us one after we came back down. We wondered why everyone was looking at us as though we were mad stood there in our shorts and me in sandles but my hubby as is now told me I didn't need my trainers and shorts would be fine, he'd been up Teidi before when younger with his parents. Whilst queing for the cable car with heavy coated and booted others we read the notice that told you the temperatureat the top and advised footwear, it wasn't sandles. I didn't make it quite to the top as I got quite breathless the last 20 feet and the ground was quite slippy underfoot with lots of loose sand type stuff but the la mumba when we got back down was very welcome and it is an experience I won't forget.

Well on the subject of hot chocolate there are a few challenges that seem to have similar ideas probably due to all the cold weather and snow the world seems to be experiencing in cetain places, well it has to be bad weather somewhere doesn't it.

Simon says has a theme of 'Hot chocolate' as does Quixotic challenges  #8. They say great minds think alike so there must be some great minds at work here in these places.


Colour throwdown has not suprisingly a colour challenge and their colours tie in quite well so I used them for my project. The colours are , dusky rose, chocolate chip and durango orange which I interpreted as a muted burnt orange hope thats  right.

Klstampinscrappin have a fab sketch that just worked so well with my idea so I'll be entering my card over at their challenge, hope I've done it right as I often miss bits when I'm scribbling down the sketches and its not till I upload them that I find I've done them wrong.

Crafty calender #4 must have been inspired by the cold weather too as their theme is keeping warm with an optional extra of texture and I found this lovely embossed paper I bought from a craft fair and thought it was about time I took the plunge and used some of it. I must admit I buy papers I love and then don't want to use them, maybe I will have to be a little more strict with myself, oh I don't mean not buy them just try harder to use them.

13 comments:

Juls said...

just gorgeous! great image and I Love all your ounded corners! Hugs Juls

MarkerGeek said...

I had to laugh this morning when I was bloghopping and saw that SimonSays had the Hot Choc theme too. As you say, great minds obviously think alike! ;)

Fab card, Willow is so sweet with her hot chocolate!

Thank you for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

America said...

great image and color combos!

Kelly L said...

Great colors, and although I enjoyed your chat about a la mumba, a hot cocoa sounds tempting right now!! :) Thanks for joining us with the sketch challenge over at <a href="http://KLstampinNscrappin.blogspot.com>KL SNS DT blog</a>

Hugs, Kel

dj said...

I need to be coping that sweet thing on your card--it is so very cold here--I need a hot cup of jo to warm me up!! Great job with this week's color challenge!!

Lorraine A said...

ooh ,, I didn t realise the Quixotic had the same theme :-) lol we don'h have anyone on both DT's so it is purely coincidental :-)

Gorgeous card ,, this image is perfect for our challenge :-)


Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Hot Chocolate Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the image and great chocolate colours.
luv
Debby

Caroline said...

Great card! Great colours and my fav image. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge. Caroline x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! The imge is lovely and I love the papers you've sued! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

LeAnne said...

Yum, that hot mumba thing sounds yummy! Glad you were able to play with us this week at CTD!

Ruth said...

Lovely card,I always love that stamp,Ruth(Crafty Calendar Challenges)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh so cute! Love that main image and your layout :O)

Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again on Wednesday :)