Friday 6 November 2009

4 little dickie birds, no I mean robins

Hi all hope you all had a fab bonfire night although listening to all the bangs outside I think many people round here are just carrying on with the party.
My first card tonight, now my son has finally deamed to let me onto the computer... well after our lengthy visit to pre admission clinic for his up coming surgery (and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of getting him back to school for his PE lesson , which he does physio in anyway and after being messed about with wouldn't have done much) he opted to do some geography course work and needed the computer. I don't want to put him off that, but he decided after 2 1/2 hours he needed to unwind by playing Sims. I tried hovering behind him and asking if I could go on the computer but only now 'has he finally got his family to a place to save.'
More important things my card, well my first card.
I bought this stamp last year and only used it on one card but I think its so sweet, but my  great granny would have gone mad had I given her a card with it on, she was so superstitious and wouldn't even have pictures of birds in the house as birds indoors brought bad luck.
My little cuties I decided to experiment with, I know robins normally have red chests but one of the challenges I'm entering it for is over at Cute Diasy May and they wanted a Blue Christmas.

Colour Create also have a theme of blue, white and silver with optional winter and glitter, so now you know why my cuties are blue breasted robins.

I thought I might also enter this card into the new challenge over at Susies Sassy Challenge as they have a theme of christmas and I did make this as a christmas card.

Lastly but by no means least the layout of the card the starting point, is from cupcake challenge #64, and I think its a fab layout and may well be going into my little book of favourite layouts.

The picture doesn't show up the colours or glitter very well, or the snowflakes on the paper I used for the strips and the medallion snowflake I made.there is silver glitter around the edges of the verticle strips and on the embossing of the snowfake, sorry but I know your all good at visualisation, you are crafters afterall.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Really cute image, fab card. Thanks for joining Susie's Sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Trcay x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a cute card. I love the sweet little robins and they look fab in blue! Glad you enjoyed using Caryn's sketch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

~Tammy~ said...

OMG that image is so stinkin adorable. Thankd for playing along with our sketch this week

Squirrel x said...

Boys and their toys hun! Worth the wait though, this is one gorgeous card - love those little birdies in blue. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Maria Matter said...

oh I love this image....beautiful card Julye!
blessings!

Susie Sugar said...

This is fantastic colours the birdy image is just so cuteThe whole card is gorgeous
Thank you for joining in our 1st challenge at SSC
Hugs Susie xx

Janiel/ janny said...

OH this is adorable!!! What a great job you have done with this color combo!!
So glad that you joined us at Colour Create.
hugs, janiel

Milliesmarvels said...

This card is great, the stamp is so cute and so well coloured! Thanks for joining us for Susie's Sassy Challenge.
Jane
x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Julye
Thankyou for joining in the first Susie's Sassy Challenge with your fantastic Chirstmas card. Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and a great take on this week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

aardvarkpest said...

Great card love the image.

Glenda