Wednesday 11 November 2009

one blog challenges loss is anothers gain

This card started off as one challenge and ended up as several others as I did what I'm always telling my son and husband off for and thats not reading the instructions well my scribbled notes which is even worse I suppose. Originally it was for a digi image blog challenge yes the clue is there but I got this idea in my head of what to use the colours with and went jolly along only to realise I'd used the wrong kind of image, rubber stamp not digi. Never mind one challenges loss is anothers gain. I had watercoloured my image using my sakura pens as they give a lovely sheen to them which I thought went well with the fairy and it just happens that over at whimsy stamp challenges the challenge is a watercolour.

Flutterby wednesday challenge wants a thankful card and as my fairy flits from flower to flower she can flit by the flutterby challenge too.

Sophisti-cats has a challenge of wings and my fairy has a nice set of shimmering pink wings so she can flutter by to that challenge too.

The layout is from just christmas and birthdays challenge #49 I wanted something different to just a plain background and remembered this padded effect card which just adds a little bit of dimension.

Sorry about the photo the sakura pens added more glare than I wanted and my kitchen lights don't help, bring back summer, in fact all my cards seem to be reflecting maybe its all the mirricard?

13 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Unknown said...

Juley I have often done this with my notes, but there is always another challenge round the next corner, LOL. Lovely card, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, good luck with your challenges. Hugs Avril xxxx

cheryl said...

oh this is so pretty,thanks for joining us this week at sophsiticats hope to see you again soon love cheryl xxxx

blackdragon said...

Thank you for joining us at sophisticats this week.... please dont tell anyone but i adore flower fairies... and you've coloured her beautifully.
hugs lynx

Christine said...

Beautiful card & gorgeous image..thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Challenge this wk..

Hugs Christine xx

Karen said...

Beautiful card Juley, love that image. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats and hope to see you again soon.

Love Karen x

Cassie said...

gotta love the creative process - we're so thankful it fit our challenge!!

Ali Dantre said...

Beautiful entry! Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week...we do hope you'l pop back next week as we have a great sketch from our guest designer & another great prize!

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Unknown said...

We've all done it, I'm always missing off a bit or getting it totally wrong! this card is gorgeous though and I'm so glad you could enter it into our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week.

Jan x

Tracey said...

Pretty card, I love flower fairies (well all fairies actually lol) :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!! Love that layout and your watercolored image!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Whimsy challenges!! HUGS

Unknown said...

Great job!! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsy Stamps. Hugs, Stephanie

Frau Ninchen said...

great card!love the colours!

thanks for joining us at jcbc!

xoxo janina