Sunday 8 November 2009

Simon Says...thankyou

Over at Simon says the theme is thanks and gratitude, my son will want a thankyou card for the nursing staff when he goes in for surgery so I'm pre empting his needs, or as  my son would say one step in front of him as usual.
My little boy is growing up and becoming aware of his mortality, as he has had loads of operations before but said to me the other day that he really ought to write a will in case he didn't make it through his surgery. It quite took me by suprise but I assured him he would be ok. He went onto say that I could be his executor ,so I asked what he'd want his will to say. He told me he would like his broken xbox to go to his friend who thinks he can fix it and the rest of his xbox stuff split between his friend and his taxi driver,his spending money he gets from his granddad each month he would like me to give back any he hasn't spent so he could spend it on betting on horse racing when theres a horse that reminds him of my son. I wasn't sure what to say as he had obviously thought about it alot. I have to asure myself he will be ok but as an ex nurse I do know the risks and this brings it all home, not that I would let on to my son how worried I get each time he has surgery, I just hope he's rubbish at premonitions and that someboby will watch over him and bring him through.

Anyway my card.
I am also entering this card into the Crafty Creations challenge #40 'use a pull out feature' and I think my little tag fits the bill.

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely card... so sweet!!

Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, love the cute bear.
luv
Debby

Claire Phillips said...

Great to see you at Crafty creations with your project for this weeks Pull-out challenge - cute card!Thanks for playing along! Cheers Claire x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful boy you have! I will pray that his surgery goes very well and that his recovery is quick too. Your thank you card for the nurses is so sweet! Adorable image. Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!!
smiles,Deena

shelly said...

awww that lil bear image is so very adorable
thanks for playing at crafty creations :) xx shelly